How do I get her to stop?

So, Lauren is 10 1/2 months old. I can't leave her side. I know this is relatively normal in babies, but I'm serious, I can't do a thing without her screaming(the whole no breathing scream). Does anyone have any advice? She's my 2nd. My first did go through this, but not at such a dramatic rate. I feel like when she's awake I can't wait to put her back to bed because she's flipping out all the time. Some good advice would be wonderful right now! Thanks!

momma_kelsey

Asked by momma_kelsey at 12:50 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm assuming you tried things with you older child. Like walking out of her sight but still talking with her so she know's you're near. How is she when you leave her with her father? Maybe leave her with him for longer periods of time.
    If all else fails buy a carrier like a babyhawk or something and strap her to your back.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I talk to her the whole time I'm in the kitchen, or out of view, and it doesn't seem to matter. I guess she probably can't hear me with the loud screaming coming out of her mouth. I work casual, so I do work about 2-4 days a month. She stays with DH, and he says, "Oh Lauren was great today." I get home, and she starts acting up again.
    momma_kelsey

Answer by momma_kelsey at 1:05 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Im having the same problem with my 14 month old and I just let him follow me around the house.Its normal and really just means how attached they are to their mother.I know its frustrating but keep her entertained if you want a break.
    cutesherrie84

Answer by cutesherrie84 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Thanks Sherrie. It doesnt seem to help if I try to entertain her. No matter what, if I leave her side, she completely melts down. It's exhausting. I just want her to be a happy girl.
    momma_kelsey

Answer by momma_kelsey at 1:31 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Do you have a baby backpack?

Answer by rkoloms at 4:01 PM on Jun. 5, 2009