Am I just being paranoid????

I dont know if im just being paranoid, maybe I need to stop reading! It seems like my son bruises really easy in really weird places. Like right now he had a dime size bruise right on his spine in the middle of his back. and b4 he had 1 right on his diaper line on his butt (more understandable there tho). and now for the 2nd time this week part if his eye is all red. b4 its was the right side of his right eye. now its the left side of his left eye, but its looks painful, and as far as I know he didnt do anything to it. He will be 1 in 2 weeks. Im not normally 1 to be all paranoid about this stuff, but I read in the book My Sisters Keeper the girl had bruises on her back and next thing you know she has cancer. I didnt know if it was something to bring up to Dr on the 22 at his apt, now Im jsut over thinking everything!! Am I crazy??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Health

• I don't think it's possible to be a mother and not be at least a little paranoid.

Yes, you are probably being paranoid -- little boys tend to be active and 'bounce' so you may never know what he's bumped into or poked himself with unless you were right there at the time. Even then, you may not have noticed that he hit something hard enough to bruise himself.

By the same token, look to see if the other symptoms of whatever you might be worried about are present: lethargy, poor appetite (although 1yos are often not hungry at all for days on end, so that's not a very helpful one), chronic or unexplained pain, poor skin and muscle tone, bursts of energy that are followed by total wipe-out and pale skin with dark eye circles.

It's probably nothing. Overwhelming odds in favour of it being nothing. No reason not to be diligent and make sure, though.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:41 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT IT THEN BRING IT UP. THEYLL TELL YOU WHATS GOING ON AND MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER.
    Anonymous

• Call the nurse line to put your fear at rest. I'm sure it's nothing but if the bruises are just appearing everywhere, that is something to look at. Are there tiny blood dots around or by the bruises? If he starts with a fever or any other symptoms, I'd call. But honestly, it's probably nothing.
    Anonymous