good mystery book?

Does anyone know of a good mystery book, thats not TO hard to read??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I know lots of mystery books that aren't too hard to read. Andre Norton wrote a lot of young-adult mysteries that are aimed at mature teens. I liked those. Mary Stewart wrote period mysteries, like Nine Coaches Waiting, which are good.

I like the old British mysteries, some of which have odd language that was typical of Britain in the 20s and 30s... easy to understand if you've been watching British tv for a long time, otherwise you'll notice weird usage. Agatha Christie, who wrote Death on the Nile and Murder on the Orient Express, and And Then There Were None (also titled Ten Little Indians)... all of which have been made into movies because they're simple storylines with fun mysteries and unexpected endings.

The Sherlock Holmes short stories are easy reads, mostly.

Both Agatha Christie and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle are easy to find in used book stores and libraries, so they're cheap to find out if you like them.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:37 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My favorite mystery writer is Tess Gerritsen. I don't find them hard to read, and they are very good.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 1:42 PM on Jun. 5, 2009