is there any moms out there that there daughters has been in baby and toddler pageant competitions

theres going to be a 4th of july miss patriotic pageant in my hometown and i thought it would be fun to enter my daughter shes 19 months old

momtc

Asked by momtc at 1:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i put my dd in a pageant when she was 18 months old, it wasn't a "glitz" pageant, just a nice sunday or easter dress and fixed her hair how i normally would if i put a dress on her, she won miss photogenic & was 1st runner up
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I'm sorry, but how could you look your daughter in the face and tell her that she didn't win because there was a prettier/ more talented little girl there?
    squish

Answer by squish at 3:26 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I don't think it's a good idea. In a few years she will be a teenager and she will judge herself based on how she stacks up to all of the other girls in looks, figure, and personality. Until then, I think that you need to be her biggest supporter in telling her that her looks and her cup size are not all that counts. (not that cup size is an issue at this age) By entering her in a pageant that judges and gives awards based on how cute she is you are giving her the wrong idea. I am against pageants for young children for these reasons. Society gives girls enough messages about how they should look and act. As her mom, you should be (if the only one) a voice of reason telling her how much more important it is to be kind, gentle, and to take care of her body so that it's healthy, not so that she can flaunt herself in a bikini. It all sounds like so much fun, but to me it's unhealthy.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 3:41 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• please send me info on the pagents
    roxieandlily

Answer by roxieandlily at 10:21 AM on Jun. 10, 2009