How should I write this?

I'm trying to come up with what to say in a letter I plan on writing to our local newspaper, in the Opinion section regarding a playgrond in my neighborhood.
My children play at our neighborhood playground often. One day they came home from there and my 9 year old asked me what does "suck my D#ck mean?" I said "where did you here that from?" And he said he read it at the playground! So, I decided to go check it out and was surprised to see how someone vandalize the playground with a black marker and wrote all kinds of nasty things all over it! I'm really disgusted! And I know the group of kids that might have did it, because they hang out there late at night.
So any ideas on what I should write? I'm just trying to say something like "To the parents who allow their kids to play here, make sure they know what vandalizing is. And check there pockets for Sharpies!"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would notify the Mayors office as well as the police dept. Tell them you have an idea of who it is but they most likely do anything without absolute proof.
    I would write that you are a member of the community, you have children who play at such and such park, this is what has been going on. You want to let other parents be aware of the situation, and that if you are a parent of a child who has all of a sudden aquired sharpies, please investigate!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:29 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Maybe suggest that they install motion flood lights, so that the kids may be deterred from hanging out there if they are in the spotlight.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I would also add that your going down there on such and such date and preforming a clean up so everyone can have a safe and clean place to play and look for volueenteers. your local school is a good place o start because the principle at my school back in the day had us to volueenteer work for detention hours-talk to the High school!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 1:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• just make sure to have someone proofread it for spelling and usage errors before you submit it.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• While that's a good idea, have you contacted your township? Maybe they could increase a police patrol or add some lighting to the area to prevent this stuff. At the school where my son goes, I sometimes take my daughter early to pick him up so she can play on the playground. There's drug bags and cig butts and broken glass at times. That's why I love my back yard.
    insomnia

Answer by insomnia at 1:34 PM on Jun. 5, 2009