my shepherd

took your advice and went another way...down by the high school. (i knew the kids wouldnt be afraid of her)its an aggy school.took her to the pond all was good.we turned around to go back.she knew it some how.as to your advice i stopped her and told her to slow down.well it was better than before.i was going to walk right by the house and see what she did.she stopped right in front of the house.so we did a little better.i think i need cesear to calm a 100pnd german shepherd.thanks for the advice.

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 1:05 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pets

• wtf are you trying to say? geeze
    Anonymous

• wtf????are you stupid i am trying to say thank you for helping me and my dog...what are you trying to say...geeze cant even give out a compliment.ANON
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Anon obviously didn't see your first post... sorry about that. Glad its working out getting better! I hope it continues to improve.... GL
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 6:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• It will take repetition in the area of stopping when your GSD pulls. It took me almost 20 min to walk 50 feet with a 100 DDB that insisted she was going to pull me home. It does work but it takes time and consistency. It is the first thing taught in KPT classes. If you are familiar with horses, it is the same thing and the same way to break them of barn souring (the urge to run home as soon as they see the barn in sight). Stay on top and you'll be fine. Good luck.

equusvetgal

Answer by equusvetgal at 9:01 AM on Jun. 6, 2009