What if?

I was to drink nothing but water with everything I ate would I still get some kind of benefit with it. Compared to eating bad and drinking sodas. I need to drink more water but am willing to start that way but at the same time still eat all I want but cut back on the portion and don't over do it. Eat one of something and drink water and that is it. Don't eat two of something and drink soda and so on. I am slowly trying to make a change in my life, this is the best I came up with. Come on ladies work with me. What do you ladies think? It is a start...lol
I am so tired of feeling blah all of the time by cutting back sugar caffeine and all that bad stuff I know it will make some difference. I mean I still have soda but only for the duration of eating so I don't drink the whole thing anymore....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well... yes.

Anything you change will change things.

One author (I think he wrote Read This Book and Quit Smoking) explained that whenever one small movement is made toward a healthier lifestyle, other moves will follow, so that people's lives tend to become healthier and healthier over time. Like, first people quit smoking, then they find they're still tired, so they start walking more, and when they walk more they find they need to drink more water, which makes their whole bodies and minds function better, so they make better food choices at the grocery store and find they are less angry and start exploring some art or education they'd left behind years ago....

I think he's right. If you replace sugary-drinks with water for now, you will find that in a few weeks, you'll be doing other things, too. Just as 50 more calories than you need in a day will eventually add up to 20 extra pounds on your butt, it adds up.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:12 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Drinking water when you eat is a good start to healthy living.

Answer by louise2 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Technically the H2O should fill you up and you would be less hungry and feel full.
    insomnia

Answer by insomnia at 1:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My mom did this for lent and didn't change her eating habits and she has lost about 10 lbs already . so yes it does help !
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 1:45 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• ive always heard that your should drink 1-2 cups of water right before your meal, because it fills you up, and you eat less..i wouldnt only eat 1 thing, i would just try to cut back your portions..more fruits/veggies, protien, less junk!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:54 PM on Jun. 5, 2009