how are some ways to cope with being put on compleate bed rest

im 31 weeks pregnant & my cervix is already opening and they want me on compleate bed rest, im a very active person & this is very hard to get used to.

luckycharm09

Asked by luckycharm09 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i know exactly how you feel. I was put on bed rest at 21 weeks because i kept going into labor. All you can do is remain positive, and know that you have to do this for your baby. Watch a ton of movies, write letters to your baby or prepare mentally for ur lil addition. I know it is extremly hard to hear you are confined to your bed but it makes it a little easier to know its for your baby :) GL :))
    shorty_18

Answer by shorty_18 at 1:13 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Send your SO to blockbuster and rent season 1 of Dexter.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:14 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• yeah, you'll go crazy...there's no doubt about it. it's really hard to stay in bed, it gets very boring, very fast. try to have arts and crafts, coloring books, reading books, whatever you enjoy to do...or scrapbooking...or fixing photo albums...in the bed with you. of course, if there's a television in the room. although, i didn't have tv in my room. have an ipod? talk on the phone.

i don't know what to say, except for follow your doctors orders to the T because you're doing it for the health of your baby! drink plenty of water, eat healthy, take prenatal vitamins and whatever else your doc said...move your legs in bed and elevate your feet when laying down...even when your on your left side.

good luck. it's going to feel like forever...but, once you have that baby, it will be all worth it!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• books, video game consoles, crafts, internet, woof sounds awful
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:17 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I was put on bedrest at 12 weeks I am now 31 let me tell you it sucks bad. I got all 9 books of the sookie stackhouse series ...it called true blood on HBO and i became addicated to the books they are awesome so make sure you get books have a laptop and cable. you'll be fine.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 3:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2009