In-Law troubles

My MIL and aunt-in-law are bugging me to death. They call manyl times a day and continue to bug my hubby about being there for the birth. I do not want this at all. I don't want a bunch of people in the room while I labor and my husband won't tell them that. I just want him and my mom. Am I being unfair to his mom?

konnorsmommy09

Asked by konnorsmommy09 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• nope, you are being just fine in my opinion. Maybe you have already done this but maybe you can tell them that they can wait in the waiting room and your husband will let them know when they can see you. I only wanted my husband not even my mom. But my mom was there waiting.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 1:17 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• No its you having the baby and you are more comfortable with your mom being there then his right?! i had my MIL at the hospital but not in the room...she came up right before i had lily and sat in the waiting room until after she was out like she came in and said hi and talked but when it was time to push she walked out to the waiting room...she also took brandon...hubby to be...shopping to get the baby some stuff and me some things...
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 1:19 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• no your not thats not ur mother...tell him to tel thm 2 stop stressin you....ur the mother and ur carrying this child and what you want is ur choice
    babygoins09

Answer by babygoins09 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• wow im going thro the same thing! with my first my MIL didnt even leave my side the whole labor part. She didnt even let my mom near me. I was in too much pain to do anything about it. When it came time to push i made her leave, my hubby mother and sister where to stay. now that im preggo with #2 my husband thinks its his moms turn to be there and he knows she cannot be in the room. He doesnt want to hurt her but just make sure your feelings are very clear to everyone. Also when you get your room in the labor and dilevery make sure you tell your nurse who you want in there with you. They will make sure everyone leaves who arent supposed to be in there.... good luck to you this is a hard topic lol
    shorty_18

Answer by shorty_18 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• You are not being unfair at all, why in the world would you want to have your in-laws in the birth room with you? That's gross that they would even want to. That's wrong that they are pushing you about it too. Plus if you were to let them, you would probably not be comfortable, and maybe a little stressed out. It's all about you right now, Your MIL will get the chance to see her own daughter give birth. I don't know why they would think they would even have an option, to be in there with you. I would have rather my mother not to be in there with me, but i just had to let her. Tell them that you would not be comfortable with them being there, and you would appreciate it if they would let it go. Good Luck.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 1:34 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• She is using the excuse to be there that my hubby is an only child and this is her first grandchild and she has never seen a birth and how amazing it would be to welcome her grandson into the world. She says she needs to be there to support her son during this time...
    konnorsmommy09

Answer by konnorsmommy09 at 1:38 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• im in the exact same position as you. my hubby and i have told my MIL she is not allowed in the rrrom during delievery. while im laboring i dont care who comes in but when it comes time to push everyone but hubby is in the waiting room evenmy own mom. i told my doctor who is and isnt welcome during delivery and they made a note of it. also you can tell your nurses when you go into the hospital and they will make sure no one enters your room with out your permission. good luck and dont let this stress bother you.
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 1:42 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• its not ur husband (her son) giving birth or pushing the baby out, its u and u don't need help lol. why would her son need support?
    Anonymous

• If he doesnt' want to say anything don't sweat it. When you get to the hospital, tell the nurses you want only your mom and hubby and they will make everyone else leave. They did that for me and nobody got upset. My in-laws will be in town for the birth of our third and I'm expecting the same problem except they will want to keep my other kids for a week. Not happening! Good luck to you and congrats!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 2:45 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• nope. This is your birth, not theirs. Tell the nurses you do not want certain people in there. They will not allow anyone in the room unless you give permission. This happened to me to. Stay firm. IF you cave you will not enjoy your birth and that isn't fair to you, your husband or your baby
    feistymomma11

Answer by feistymomma11 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 5, 2009