Are there Any Cases of Swine Flue in your Schools?

keeperof2

Asked by keeperof2 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Health

• Nope, I think it will lay dorment now for a few months and then we will see it again in the fall. I just hope people don't get sloppy about handwashing and prevention again.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:19 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• IS IT STILL GOING AROUND? I HAVENT HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT IT FOR A LONG TIME NOW? IM JUST CURIOUS NOT BEING MEAN. BUT NO THERE ARENT ANY AROUND HERE.
    Anonymous

• not yet
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• There have been several in our area. Schools closed and then reopened. There is a vomit/diarrhea flu going around that we got but didn't bother to get it tested...I think the swine flu may not be as brutal as the regular flu that kills several thousand a year.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:54 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Yes, including my daughter. H1N1 is SO overrated. It is not any different than a typical flu virus. If anyone has questions, please contact me directly.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:33 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Yes, several schools in New York and Long Island
    Anonymous

• In my entire district, there have been 10 cases and no schools were closed. They were all at different schools. The Swine Flu has been blown way out of proportion. It is no worse than the regular flu.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I have to agree with the two posters who said it's being blown out of proportion......its really just like any other seasonal flu or virus......we've have several in our town.......but the schools are freaking over it......if your kid is our with any viral symptoms they can't come back for 7 days and not without a dr's note saying it isn't swine!!!!!!!
    CRAZY STUFF!
    keeperof2

Answer by keeperof2 at 6:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2009