Why do Christians think it scares non-Christians when they say they'll go to hell?

It's like saying if you don't believe in Santa Claus you'll freeze your butt off in the North Pole for eternity. It's hard to be scared of something you don't believe in.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• not trying to scare you, just stating the facts
    Anonymous

• it's not facts anon its your belief
    Anonymous

• I thought that wasn't supposed to be up to people, I thought that was supposed to be up to God. So why would someone say anything like that anyway?!!!!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 1:40 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I don't tell people they are going to hell.
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I know what you mean but there isn't a Santa Claus and there is a God and all that is real it says in the bible the last part read all of Revelations if you dare...
    God is real just look around you look at all of the beauty he has created...
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I think they do it because they believe in it and the idea of it scares them, so they think it should scare us too. You are right, it doesn't work. Some of the just can't seem to wrap their heads around the fact that hell doesn't scare us because it is not part of our belief systam. While we repect that they believe it, we don't agree with it.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I see a lot of this on Cafe Mom and I'm not terribly sure why. To me the Bible is not the absolute truth and it has been interpreted over and over again and as language has changed over times you've got to critically think about the impact that has on it. It's like assuming we're the only life form out there. Doesn't it stand to reason that if we exist, others may exist on another planet? No, I'm not worried about going to hell.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:47 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Scary tactics that is all but they don't work on people with brains or those who hasn't been brain washed with all that crap. The Revelations book was written by a mad man who was in solitude living in an island, the book is the product of a disturbed mind, not warning from no God.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 1:47 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Why so much Christian talk on here all the time? Lets mix it up and pick on the Catholics or Jews for a change....And I would never say that to some one. Im a pretty big fan of sinning my self so....

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 1:51 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• wow so lostshel... its cool to pick on religions??? *shakes her head* no wonder the tension.
    You notice this is a religion and belief section so you will get christian stuff.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 5, 2009