• In the Spotlight:

How do i introduce the 16 month old to his own room?

I am pregnant , and my 16 month old is still in our room in his crib. I am afraid if i put him in his own room , when i have the baby,and the baby is in our room that he will be upset, like i abandon him or something. how do i go about doing this? Atleast my 7 yr. old is well prepared.

guitarmom101

Asked by guitarmom101 at 1:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is 17 months and we just moved her to her own room a couple weeks ago. I put her crib in there and decorated the whole room with Disney Princess (her favorite) I put a ton of her toys in there in a toy box and on the floor. I took her in there when it was done and let her explore and told her things like "This is YOUR room" "Its all yours" and so on. she absolutly loved it. And she still loves to go play in her room. I just dont force the issue. As for sleeping she stills falls asleep with me on my bed then I move her to her room. She has done great, only woke up once during the night so far. Good Luck!
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2009