My 9 month old does not wants to eat solid food...

He wants to me breast feed him all the time instead of food. I don't know what to do. He wakes up 2 or 3 times at night for feeding. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take the booby away, you can still give him breast milk by pumping and give it to him in the bottle so he's not so attached and he can start eating food. Start feeding him baby food in the cans and go from there. Make sure he eats at least 3 times a day so then at night time he only wakes up once for a bottle.
    Anonymous

• keep breastfeeding him. He is trying to tell you that he isn't ready for solids yet. Your milk is enough for him until he is at least a year. Don't force solids if he is not ready.
    feistymomma11

Answer by feistymomma11 at 3:18 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• First, the World Health Organization, operating without the influences of the dairy, formula or porn industries (unlike US doctors) recommends breastfeeding for a minimum of 2 years.
    Solids given to babies before they turn one are for the experience of eating them, not nutrition.
    Keep offering a variety of healthy foods: avocado mashed with breastmilk, baked sweet potato, etc.
    The best book on feeding babies, toddlers and their families is Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron; you should be able to find it at your local library; info at www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 3:56 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I agree with feistymomma11 ... keep nursing him. Had I not gotten pregnant with baby #2, I don't think I would have needed to introduce our son to solids. I believe my milk supply may have a dwindled a bit. He still nurses, but doesn't get full off of my milk alone like he used to prior to my pregnancy, so I started him on solids. Your milk will ALWAYS be the best thing for your baby. Keep nursing him. When he's ready for foods, he will let you know.
    tippymorgan08

Answer by tippymorgan08 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• let him eat the boob juice. he will be fine if you feed him enough of it.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 4:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2009