Why are they not afraid to die? (A middle-east question)

Alot of us cherish our lives we want to live to see our grandchildren but it makes me sad that some people (well the men from the middle-east) seem to not care about their lives I watch movies and they say I will die for you... Allah. Yes I would die for our lord but when my time comes not to just do it. Maybe I am watching too many movies, but if it is true that is so sad to me. And WHY?
I love all types of people why do this to yourselves enjoy life it is beautiful, Our lives are very precious to us, those of you that don't care you treat your life like it is not worth a penny:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Umm I would not base your opinion of people you obviously know NOTHING about from movies. But for those that are willing to sacrafice themselves (suicide bombers) you have to understand how different their life has been from yours. It's almost a form of brainwashing. You live your life and think the things you think because that is how YOUR society has taught you. Think of THEIR society...
    Anonymous

• I would make a deal with the devil before I died for our lord and left my kids- sorry but haveing eternial happiness just wouldnt be ok if I had to be happy with out my babies!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 1:55 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• To them that is the highest honor, to die for Allah. Just because you do not understand it (I don't really either) doesn't mean that we aren't required to respect their beliefs, but work for a world that they don't feel this is necessary. There is a middle ground for us all :)
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 1:55 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

but you would still see your children..and they will (hopefully) join you one day for eternal happiness..wouldnt that be worth it?? sooo you decide to make a deal with the devil, welll what if your kids dont?? then they'll be enjoyinghappiness and you'll be tuck burning in hell??!!
    Anonymous

• Ill burn in hell for a life living and breathing with them.
    Im a single mom, I hve no family, and If I were to die tomorow my kids would be thrown in the system and may not have a good life.
    I couldnt risk that and I would hope they would understand.
    eveything I do is for them, eveythng I do is because I love them.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 2:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• they believe it is the holy way to go..it is for their god.

religion is powerful. i do not agree with their tactics but in a way you have to respect their dedication to their god
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• everyone has a breaking point....everyone has somethign they would die for.

i would give my lie to save my family without thinking about it. they give their life for their god
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• It is called brainwashing!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Why are you taking your info from movies? Do some real research. It is usually brain washing, living in a culture that we know nothing about. Some of these people have their families threatened, their wives and daughters raped and killed in front of them. Sometimes it isn't really a choice. They are so brainwashed that they would do anything that is asked of them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 5, 2009