Smoking meats

I want to smoke some turkey, brisket and pork. I have a grill that is safe to smoke meats in. What kind of wood chips do I get and how the heck do I do it? Does it matter if I get hickory over some other kind of wood chips? Do I have to get them wet so they dont flame up? As for the meats, anyone have a good dry rub for them? Do I close all vents on the grill so the smoke stays in? LOL Thank you in advance. If anyone has a good way to make tender ribs on the grill too, please share! Oh and any BBQ sauce you make from scratch? LOL Again, thanks!

AngelicDevil80

Asked by AngelicDevil80 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• you can smoke the ribs too that will make them fall off the bone good. i use hickory cause i like it more. and i get the wet ones stick the in the grill light them and call it a day.....and bbq sauce, my mom makes one with ketchup, honey, red peppers, hot sauce, and onions. its pretty tasty, but store bought works just as well
    Anonymous

• Thanks for the help. I am so friggin starving for smoked meats lol
    AngelicDevil80

Answer by AngelicDevil80 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• lol no problem, i saw the post and i was like mmmmm.....sounds good, i might go and smoke my chicken lol.
    Anonymous

• LOL we have a place around here that sells smoked meats and its kind of expensive. So I went and bought a grill that is able to handle smoking stuff. This may sound dumb but when you smoke the meats do you put them in a pan type thing or just wrap them in foil or leave them alone? LOL I only started to grill not to long ago so Im still learning. :)
    AngelicDevil80

Answer by AngelicDevil80 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• whoa...you need to google how to smoke (insert meat name here). It takes more than what I can write here. Or get a book either at a store or the library.
    Turkey should be brined before smoking. If you can not find anything let me know and I will try and help...but one thing at a time!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 4:34 PM on Jun. 5, 2009