Not so much a question as a Statement.

This is sort of a spinoff/extra info about the whole food stamp/money debate.
Everyone keeps bringing up that the lady might have been paying with child support on a card. And how the Wal-Mart cashier couldn't tell the difference. Well, the child support card looks different than the ONE card used for Food/money. That ONE card is called an EBT card. Everyone in the state with benefits has the same picture on it. All the reciepts have the total written at the bottom that she has to circle. It will specify EBT food or EBT Money. The ONE card is swiped, then, a button has to be pressed....either food or money. So, SHE KNOWS!!!!! And yes, some abuse it, some save it and use it properly...and some like me only get $99.00 for food and NO extra money. I don't get enough to abuse.LOL

YOu do all understand how she CAN tell the difference now?

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 1:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have a food stamp card and a TANF card. Two different cards. TANF says Mastercard and it's for welfare AND childsupport.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• We only have one card in Louisiana. It says EBT cash/Food card. You swipe and pick how your using it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:14 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Well, I think it may be different in every state. I only get food stamps, but, like I said, I also work in Walmart, and the card is the same for food stamps, cash, and child support here. I think alot of peoples point was really that she was basically talking trash about anyone who got help, and she felt it was her business what they spend their money on, but, yeah, the cards are different in some states.
    shepardsfaith

Answer by shepardsfaith at 2:19 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• And, no, she doesnt know, because the button we push for any type of cash on an ebt card at walmart is debit, no matter what, so no, SHE DOESNT KNOW.......
    shepardsfaith

Answer by shepardsfaith at 2:21 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Who cares it's not her business anyway her job is to ring up items and push buttons not memorize people's income.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 2:40 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• the EBT cards in Arizona are for foodstamps, cash assistance payments (welfare), and tribal members also get their money on there (like from casinos). It says Arizona right across the top. My child support card is a credit card/debit that is issued thru US Bank. I receive that from Michigan.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2009