Baby leashes?

Do you ever go to the zoo or just anywhere and see a kid on a leash? I could see if you have like 5 kids an you put the wild and crazy one on one. But any time I've seen them the parent has only one child. How hard is it to keep an eye out for them? I think these leashes are hysterical. What do you think of them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think when i'm flying just me and my son and i'm carrying my purse, his carry-on, my carry-on and our suitcase through a crowded busy airport I rely heavily on that "leash" to make sure no one runs off with my child. I also don't really have an issue with people using them at zoos either because kids run, especially boys, and places like my local zoo are always packed and if the kids decides to take off even if you were the best parent in the world that child would disapear into the crowd quickly. Its just an extra procaution I think not really an excuse for parents to be lazy or not watch their kids.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 2:05 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• LOVE THEM, but not the ones that attach to the hand, my daughter was hurt with that one. It was attached to her wrist, she couldn't protect her face when she fell.

With one child or 10 it is safe, it takes less then a minute for your child to be abducted.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I think....who cares. At least no one can grab them annd run.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I think its a form of child abuse. If they are that unruly, out them in a stroller. Kids are people too, not animals. Would those same parents put a muzzle on their kid? I think not.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 2:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Have you ever had a toddler who just learned how to walk and no longer wants to be in a stroller or carried? Would you reaaalllllyyy want to be running all over the place chasing an 14 month old through a big crowd? I'm getting one for my son. He won't be in it all the time but when we're out in crowd or somewhere (like an airport) where my eyes just literally can't be on him every single second you bet I will have him on it!
    Anonymous

• I love em, my son likes to do things on his own, he doenst like being pushed, carried or held on too, he is my wild child and very idenpendent for 2 years old.
    The keep him safe, when were in the mall or at the zoo or at the fair its good to let him walk a foot or so ahead of me and though Im watching him the WHOLE time because I dont want people to step on him or something he feels like hes on his own doing his own thing.
    it makes him feel good about himself.
    I dont drag him around like a dog, like some parents do. I let him decide where we go those days, and I follow him.
    its good for his self conscience and teaches him how to be protective of himself.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 2:06 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Anyone who is against a form of safety is "hysterical" imo.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 2:06 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• precaution not procaution...i can type i swear lol :)
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I don't use them and I don't agree with them...but that's JMO.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 2:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• And it's not treating them like animals. My kid won't be down on all 4's drinking water from a bowl while he's on his "leash". It's making sure they don't run off if I have to divert my attention elsewhere for even a second. I'm a mom not superwoman.
    Anonymous