WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CHRISTIAN WHO SUPPORTS GAY EQUALITY AND CHRISTIANS WHO DON'T??

IT IS ALWAYS PUZZLING TO ME HOW SOME PEOPLE CAN HAVE THE SAME FAITH AND SOME ARE MORE HUMAN AND TOLERANT THAN OTHERS, WHY THE DIFFERENCE?

Asked by older at 2:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • ptomom, you really, really need to stop. You are antagonizing purposefully. Not everyone interprets the Bible the same way. That is true across the board of many Christian denominations. I'm sick of those who love to tell us who "true Christians" are. What a bunch of baloney. God knows the hearts of others.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• The tolerant one is practicing the right way and the other is nit-picking his beliefs in the bible.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:06 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Honestly why are you worried about it? If you know who you are and you know God loves you then why does it bother you? Ignore the bad people who put you down or any other down. I am a christian and I don't agree with gay marriage but I have gay friends. I know I will be judge by God when I go to heaven just like everyone else will be judge, but I know the relationship I have with God is great. So you should feel the same way and not let other people get to you. They are not God so they are not the ones to make the decision of weather or not God loves you!
    Anonymous

• It shows personal preference. Just because someone's view doesn't match yours doesn't make them any more or less a Christian.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Isn't that just your opinion BrandenlsMySon?
    Anonymous

• I truely don't have a problem with gay marrage and I know that I would get bashed for saying this but my problem in when kids start to get involved, because like it or not those kids will be put down in school whether it's right or wrong by other kids, I do believe in equality but don't think that the kids should have to be made fun of or tormented for there parents choices.
    Anonymous

• The diffrence is.....CHRISTIANS WHO SUPPORTS GAY EQUALITY AND CHRISTIANS WHO DON'T??
    lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 2:14 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I was actually told here on Cafemom that I wasn't a Christian because I supported Gay Marriage.

I think it's a matter of personal perspective. Everyone has different interpretations of the same text. Some are more tolerant than others.
    It's kinda like saying all blondes must think alike, or all people from France think alike.
    It's ridiculous to expect all Christians to think alike.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 2:16 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Bradenismyson, you can't have both ways. NOWHERE in the bible does God say "tolerate" homosexuality. Homosexuality is SIN so TRUE Christians will not tolerate it. Older, why does it seem you cannot separate homosexuality from the person? Homosexuality is a sinful practice that God can deliver a lost soul from. A person is not "born" gay. There is NO biblical or scientific evidence to back that up which proves to me the bible is correct on what it says. Homosexuality is a pagan practice permitted by gods designed by people to do what they want. The one true God has an order and purpose for sex and it is between male and female.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• ptomom, what happened to you? Wake up on the wrong side of your pulpit today?
    Anonymous