My son will be turning 8 months in a couple of weeks and he still has no teeth. Is this pretty normal?

noahsmom17

Asked by noahsmom17 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter didn't get her first tooth until a week after she turned 8 months, and she is a pretty normal kid, hehe.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I don't think my son started getting teeth till he was 6 months and my friends sisters girl didn't get then till she was after a year. It all depends on your LO
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• If you BF then yes it's normal but if you FF then you should try using nursery water instead of regular water. I noticed when I used nursery water to mix with my kids formula helped their teeth come in sooner. Plus their doctor gave them flouride(spelling I know) vitamins and that helped as well.
    Anonymous

• flouride has to do with the health of the teeth and the enamal, not how soon they come in. I have 3 kids and teeth on them started coming in anywhere between 6 months and 11 months. My daughter didnt get any till 11 months and then got 8 by her 1st bday a month later. My son had one at 6 months, and his came in alot slower, about once amonth. Kids develope differently, even in the same family.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 2:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Yup! My daughter was almost 11 months when she got her first tooth!
    AudMama

Answer by AudMama at 6:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My son is a little over 8 months and has none. We have a friend with a 9.5-month old who also has none.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 10:40 PM on Jun. 5, 2009