do birthmarks represent anything religious to you

spawned by the wart questin...i have 2 birthmarks that look like lightning, one on my inner forearm, one on my tummy..my daughter has the same exact one on her t ummy. one person said they were marks of being natural witch's..which i personally do not think birthmarks mean anything but i do think its odd we both have the same one. have you ever heard weird things about birthmarks or do you have any beliefs associated with them?

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 2:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't think they mean anything. Goodness, I have one on my arm that looks like a hickey, and I get the "is that a hickey" question everytime I wear a tank top..........it's funny. My mom says it's a devil kiss! LOL!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My dad and I share the ecaxt same birth mark in the same spot on the same leg.....never heard anything except..oh, that's weird.

My son had a Mongolian Spot and he has two cafe' au lait spots on his side.

I would like to know if anyone else has heard anything though...it sounds interesting.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• my garndma used to say they were angel kisses....of course she is religious so she would never conceive it as a devil kiss lol.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Birthmarks are birthmarks, that's all.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 2:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• i think its cute that me and her have the same birth mark.....odd but cute.

moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I think it's cool when families have the same marks.
    The only explanation that I have heard, about birthmarks, was in reference to reincarnation. Something about them being the mark of how you were killed in a past life, I think. Interesting thought. I personally have no idea what they are.
    Gretchen2876

Answer by Gretchen2876 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• To me, it ment nothing at all until I started dating my babys father and we had matching birthmarks on our sides. (But, mine is bigger now that Im pregnant and it getting stretched lol) Its wierd because their almost exactly alike! I think it might be a sign from God. I will believe that when I have my son and he has the same one lol
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 2:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• both interesting. a mark to show how you died...crazy...especially since we have teh same one. and it looks like lightning...oh god that could of been painful lol.

a mark from god. i suppose with my daughter that would make sense, a sign that although she was not planned and conceived suddently while on bc, she was meant to be and it happened how he felt it should of happened....so she bears the same birthmark as me to symbolize that
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:17 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Hmmmmm how I died in a previous life. Let me see, hickied to death I guess! LOL Jk
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Your no fun bebita even though your are correct.
    but have fun alittle...

I'd like to believe mine is an angels kiss :)

Good and fun question!!!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 5, 2009