How much time does your teen spend on the computer?

I let my teen spend as much time as he wants on the computer but now I am rethinking it. He gets good grades but that's all he wants to do. What are your thoughts?

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 2:32 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• depends on what he's looking at.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:33 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• He is playing a game mostly, and chatting with friends. I keep an eye on him I am confident that he is not looking at anything inappropriate.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 2:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I usauly let mine have about a hour each ( If their chores are done they do spend more) Summer months they do spend more time on cause there is not much to do where we live.
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 2:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• FIRST OFF I THINK THE THE COMPUTER SHOULD BE PLACED IN AN AREA OF THE HOUSE WHERE THE KIDS CAN BE MONITORED , WE HAVE OURS IN THE LIVING ROOM WHERE ALL CAN SEE WHAT THE KIDS ARE DOING AT ALL TIMES AND I TWO ONLY ALLOW THEM TO HAVE ACCESS TO THE COMPUTER AFTER THEIR CHORES ARE DONE AND ONLY FOR AN HOUR OR AN HOUR AND A HALF AND NOT EVERY DAY ONLY IF HOMEWORK IS TO BE DONE OTHER WISE ONLY ON THE WEEKENDS
    katt062

Answer by katt062 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• lol katt062 what's with all caps? you don't need to yell.
    Anonymous

• None. The only computer in this house is mine and my step daughter can't use it. She use to use it but she was downloading shit on here and getting viruses. Since THIS computer is my work computer ..I need it clutter free. She'll live.

Anonymous

• My kids are addicts to the computer especially our teenager 17 year old. The younger 2 are addicted to the xbox 360. I don't know what to do. This is all spiralling out of control.
    lilruby77

Answer by lilruby77 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• All day back and forth between the x-box,computer and the wii.
    magonolia

Answer by magonolia at 9:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• EVERYTHING in moderation my dear!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:49 AM on Jun. 8, 2009