Do you let your baby sleep with you occasionally?

My 13-wk. old has been sleeping in her crib since 8 wks. She was sick yesterday so I let her sleep wtih me. I don't like co-sleeping (we did it for a while) because she's so noisy and neither one of us get good sleep. But she was sick and fussy. Do you co-sleep with your baby just sometimes? If so, do they have trouble going back into their crib?

danielp

Asked by danielp at 2:33 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used to until he learned to manuever himself. Now I'm too afraid he'll crawl right off the bed while I'm sleeping. Plus he's so used to his crib that he thinks mommy's bed means play time not sleep time lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I did it all the time...birth to 5 years.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Well, all my kids coslept, all 5 of them, so I feel experienced enough to tell you, that , YES, in general, once they get used to sleeping with you, they like to keep it that way:) Its like nursing them when they are still sleeping, kwim? Although I wouldnt worry about the ocasinal; cosleeping, but after a while, your lil one will get used to it:)
    shepardsfaith

Answer by shepardsfaith at 2:40 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My daughter will be 14weeks tomorrow. We just moved her from the cradle at the foot of the bed, to the crib in her nursery. If she wakes up at 5 or 6am, and Im not ready to wakeup, I bring her to bed and nurse her while I sleep for a bit longer. SOmetimes she falls back asleep, sometimes she just lies there and relaxes.
    I never bring her to bed at the start of the night though.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 2:48 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Mine were in and out of my bed for the first year or 2. When they would get sick, or had a bad dream, stuff like that, starting from newborn on up. My newborns stayed in bed with me for the first month or so the first time they woke up they were in bed with me. I never had trouble getting them in their own bed afterwards. I always start them in their own bed and then eventually they sleep through the night and stay there.
    Anonymous

• yes my son is 2 months and he sleeps with me all the time. From a day young up until now. He knows the difference so we just sleep together i love it that way because im so afraid of something happening to him and me not being able to get to him in time. i love waking up and seeing him just laying there staring up at the ceiling and smiling at me when he notice im awake..those are precious moments and i want to be apart of them all the time and not missing them plus babies are babies they need mommy we were connected for nine whole months we were one person, they still need that comfort and warm love.....i dont get how parents allow thier baby to sleep in its own room so young like at a couple weeks baby is in it own room all alone how sad.....reseach says its to make baby independent i think its a bunch of bs....
    Anonymous

• Not really. She and I co-slept for a few months before I transitioned her to a crib.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 2:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My daughter (3.5yrs) and my son (14months) have been sleeping with us since birth. I have to have them next to me or I CAN'T sleep. Someday they'll be too old or just won't want to anymore, so I'm enjoying it while I can.

Princess02266

Answer by Princess02266 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 5, 2009