what can moms do or would like to have in order to be more social?

Nicki_34

Asked by Nicki_34 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Is a decision, do I go out today to a park and talk with people or do I sit here at home and think how lonely I am? It is a personal choice and to be social you need nothing but yourself.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 2:37 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Talk with other moms when walking the baby, or at the playground, or at classes, or during volunteer work. If you find someone that is nice to talk with, then suggest getting together (with or without children) for lunch or ice cream or coffee. If you meet enough people you can see about setting up a playgroup, but for this it is best to have people who know other friends, you don't want to leave your child with someone you don't know much about. anyway, back to being sociable. Volunteering is a good way to meet people and talk, library story time. Sunday school.

Answer by Bmat at 2:40 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• i made some friends with mamas at the library playgroup! mondays are for ages 2 and under, so the youngens are close to my sons age, and the moms are pretty cool! I only see them in that setting but that's ok for now. one of them I invited to my sons bday party and she invited me to hers! a nice start I think!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:47 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Well we live to far out from ANYWHERE . So bumping into anyone new is not gona happen. Just not sure of ways to meet anyone in this area. So I'm here...
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 2:50 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• make it your everyday advocacy to meet new friends. SMILE... SMILE... SMILE and never hesitate to start a conversation.
    mom_ni_elle

Answer by mom_ni_elle at 3:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I would abso love to meet other moms or even childless people in my area that I or my family have things in common with. Most of the people in our neighborhood are standoffish and sometimes outright rude to you when shown kindness. We moved from an area where this was not the case, and I sometimes wish we'd never moved at all...Oh well, I guess it could be worse lol! We stay out of their business and they stay out of ours, but sometimes it can be pretty depressing...But hey that's what I've got CafeMom for right!?
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2009