breast feeding help

okay so i breast feed and bottle feed (the best of both worlds) my son loves it i love it and i asked our doctor is it okay to do both he says yes its great. Okay so what im trying to ask is does any other mothers breast feed and bottle feed? or just one of the both? im courious. Thnks ladies :) have a great day....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I breast feed and bottlefeed. And I thought I was the only one! LOL Thanks!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:40 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I started out doing both with my first 2 children. My first, decided at about 3 months he didnt like the bottle any more, and so I started to exclusively breastfeed, and my second, at about 5 months decided he wanted the freedom of the bottle and wouldnt breastfeed anymore. I dont know of anyone who was succesful at doing both for long periods of time, without the baby choosing which one for them. Not expressed breat milk feeding is different, I know that can be quite succesful. I exclusively breastfed my last baby because it really broke my heart when my second stopped on his own. If it works for you, go for it, it is about what makes you confortable and works for your family.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 2:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• alot of my friends are doing that. i think its great if u can. my son would only take the breast for a long 9 months
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I breastfeed, and give her bottles of breastmilk[if that's what you meant by bottlefeed?] when we go out shopping/for a walk.
    She takes to both perfectly!
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 2:45 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• let me be clear lol breast feed and bottle formula feed lol
    Anonymous

• I have nursed all 5 of my boys, and worked whith all them, so when I was home I nursed, when I was at work, they got a bottle, not with breast milk, I have tried for years to pump, and just cannot, not even with the help of a lactation specialist, but anyhoo, I dont see aprob with doing bot, not sure of your situation, but I know many moms like to do both so that feeding is shared by both parents, or perhaps older siblings. Hey, at least you are nursing, awesome for you!!! I know with my boys, they never wanted the bottle, but could have been more because I want there, and I wouldnt use a bottle when I was home. None of mine liked them,
    shepardsfaith

Answer by shepardsfaith at 2:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Absolutely no formula! Only straight from the tap, never a bottle, until DS self weaned at almost 2. I am beyond happy with my decision. I never have to look back and say what if. I know I did everything possible to help my LO have the best start to life.

Anonymous

• A lot of people do it. I'm surprised you feel alone. I don't do it, but plenty of people do. We just breastfeed. I don't even deal with breastmilk bottles, it's just so much easier for me to nurse.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 3:27 PM on Jun. 5, 2009