What can I do for my hair if it will "NOT" curl?

My hair is straight as a board. I will curl it and it will stay, for like 5 min. lol but the curl will fall out even with hair spray. I even put a perm into it to help give it more body, but it fell out! Can I put something into it, or do something to it that will make it curl and keep its curl?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 2:55 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Mouse-extra volume, spray with hairspray while curling, and use a professional iron-ceramic body-they rock and my hair holds really good with one of those!!

You can adjust the heat on them.
    Anonymous

• My hair is straight too. I just came to accept that I have naturally beautiful straight hair and quit trying to force it to curl.

For my brothers wedding the hair dresser was curling and spraying my hair while I was in line to walk down the aisle. 20 minutes later it was flat again and flaky from all the hairspray.

momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 2:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I would try a pomade or curl wax. You will definitely want to wash it out that same evening, but it should hold it for an evening. Good luck!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My hair is the same way. I have to plaster it with mouse (after I have dried it) before I can curl it. Then I spray it right away with extreme hold hair spray. It usually stays after that, but my curls fall out before the day if over.
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 3:12 PM on Jun. 5, 2009