How much should I pay a babysitter for my 3 year old? I only will be making 6.80 an hour, and after taxes that breaks down to about $42.00 a day that I earn.

felicia0923

Asked by felicia0923 at 2:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Ouch, unfortunalty, most daycare and sitters charge at least $20 a day for kids, in most states. Is there any way you can qualify for child care assistance in your state? It is different from state aid, it just helps you pay for daycare, what state are you in? If you were close to me I would help, I know how hard it is! ( I have had 5 boys,not cheap,lol)
    shepardsfaith

Answer by shepardsfaith at 3:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• A dayacre cener would probably take about 1/2 of your take home pay. That seems pretty steep, so you might want to look at other options or see if you qualify for daycare assistance.
    Anonymous

• Can you get any help from the government? I've heard of vouchers to pay for daycare that come from government spending.
    caroline123

Answer by caroline123 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• No with my hubby's income we don't qualify for assistance, I'm asking a friend to watch my daughter, how much should I offer her?
    felicia0923

Answer by felicia0923 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• With what little you are making I would just stay at home.
    Anonymous

• hmm, well if your friend knows your situation, maybe she would accept $10 a day, if you supply your lil ones food and snacks? Sorry you do not qualify for assistance, your hubby wont help pay for it?
    shepardsfaith

Answer by shepardsfaith at 3:37 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I have paid anywhere from $75 to $140 a week depending on the provider and that is for full time 10 hour days ... if you are having a friend do it maybe offer a small amount and perhaps something in trade, like paying $50 a week and then inviting her over for a few meals or taking care of her kids on a saturday night so she can have some time for herself :)
    LuvMyHazelEyez

Answer by LuvMyHazelEyez at 5:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• i pay 10 a day for good quality babysitting. i was paying 21 a day intill i lost my job. u know the funny thing is my dd learns more form the 10 a day place then ever did in the 21 a day place
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 8:51 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• that's 210 a week, so if it's a friend, offer 40 and tell her you will do little things here and there to help her out. like cleaning or buying snacks for her to use sometimes. maybe watching her kids on your days off to give her a break.

Anonymous