water breaking question

what does it feel like when your water breaks??? i am having leakage and it is like water cuz im changing my panties about 2 to 3 times sorry if this is tmi but im not sure can your water leak a little by little or do you loose it all at once???
im 36 weeks

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 3:00 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Some times its a big gush but with my first child I leaked for like 3 hours and then I started to get worry so I went to L&D and sure enough my water was leaking/breaking slowly.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 3:06 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• how long has it taken to change your panties that much, an hour, or all day? If it is your water when you laugh or sneeze or grunt while holdiong your breath it will gush out more and it is very noticable then.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:06 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• my water never gushed as some women put it it was a slight leakege-your water prolly broke how far along are you.
    Time to go to L&D and they will test it and you will soon have your little one!
    good luck mama.
    now go to the doctor, we need no back seat babies today!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 3:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• mine just slowly leaked...it doesn't ALWAYS gush...
    but that was 30 mins after my contractions started and I was 40w2d
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Your water may have broken, but late in pregnancy women can also just get very watery discharge. I did with my last pregnancy and had to change my panties 4-5 times a day. When my water actually broke I felt lots of pressure like I needed to go to the bathroom. I sat up in bed and was pretty sure if I stood up I wouldn't make it to the commode, so I sat still a minute to see if I could control it. Then I heard this audible *pop* and an enormous gushing flood. I stood and ran to the commode where there was another smaller pop and more gushing. It was a cartoon.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 4:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2009