Baby Shower invites

My mom is throwing me a baby shower at her place in PA (we live in CA.) My DH thinks I need to send my MIL an invitation to the shower (she lives in TX.) I don't think it's necessary to send an invitation since there is no way she would be making the trip, our parents aren't close and have never met. I don't want it to come across as a gift request. Should I send her one or not?

spbeta

Asked by spbeta at 3:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I sent my mother in law an invitation, she lives in CA us in AZ but she was vacationing in TXs. I didn't think I needed to send her one because I knew she wouldn't be able to come but did so anyway for my hubby, he felt like he was excluding her if he didn't send one.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Yes you should. You never know what may happen and even if she can't come at least she will think you thought of her enough to invite her.

Anonymous

• I think maybe I would call her and just let her know like in a round about way just maybe mention it to her, tell her how nice it is that your mom is going to do it. That way she will feel included because you talked to her about it but not left out if she finds out later on that you had a shower. If she is going to get hurt because you didn't invite her to a shower across the country then you really do have in-law problems.
    Jessica7287

Answer by Jessica7287 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My cousin and step cousin gave us a shower in PA, too. We live in SC and our families are spread all over the US except my dad's side that all lives in PA. My cousin sent invites to my in-laws, SIL, husband's grandma, my mom and grandma, and two of my aunts, none of which we expected to go but thought they would appreciate the thought.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 5, 2009