What exactly is all this Free Palestine stuff about?

I read the debates and I am trying to understand your position but I must admit that I know very little about the middle east and I am really curious about what is going on there. What is the story behind Palestine and Isreal? And who are the Zionests that you guys talk about? Iam not trying to start drama, I really just want to educate myself. I am posting anon because I feel dumb that I dont know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I do believe if you pmed me with your phone number then I coulld call you and give you a history lesson on the middle east but even that would take hours.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:12 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Oh heck Carpy is giving out free history lessons.lol She is right it would be a long long long bit to get into but my overall opinion is it will never end the fighting will go on until the end of time OR one or the other is blown off the map.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:23 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• By the way if It were to be Israel and you happen to believe the bible then it would be overwith.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:24 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• lol who said free? I would have to start with Roman times but then would highlight after the treaty of versailles. Its a long history.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• yeah...I really am just curious about what is the deal with this Isreal, Palestine, Zionist stuff......
    Anonymous

• Don't feel dumb. It's a long and complicated situation. I've asked a friend of mine who knows more than I do to come help explain.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 3:45 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I would google it and read about it, and not take anyone on this sites word for it.
    Anonymous

• Yep you can google and get tons of different veiw points but read up and come to your own conclusion.You will find pro palistine side and pro israel side
    Anonymous

• Zionist is a movement, a way of thinking. Not a religion or even a certain group of people. There are Jewish Zionist, Christian Zionist. When we talk about a free Palestine we are talking about the illegal stealing of land 60 years ago. Muslims, Christians, and Jews 60 years ago lived in Palestine together, and in peace. Zionist invaded the land killed people took land and homes and have been doing so ever since with the financial and moral help from the USA. Some believe that the zionist have the God given right to commit these acts of terror. If you PM I would love to share more with you....OH I would like to add that I do not like Zionist and do not agree with how they work, and I Also do not support Hamas...I do believe that Palestine has the right to fight back against a bigger, stronger more evil force....

tericared

Answer by tericared at 4:24 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• well tericared you just gave the propaganda view but I would recommend she find the truth and thats not it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2009