Is it safe to paint while pregnant?

Like if i wanted to paint my bathroom and i opened the window and turned on that little fan sucking thing. Do you think it is safe or not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think so. i painted my daughter's room pink when i was 7 months pregnant and i just took frequent breaks and opened the windows. i'm not 100% sure if it was safe.. but nothing bad happened to me or her.
    Anonymous

• they make paints that are way safer now. like almost chemical or all chemical free or something i dont know but they make paints that are safe now. google it and im sure youll find the brand and everything else.
    Anonymous

• I painted several rooms while I was pregnant and consulted my doctor first, painting while your pregnant is safe as long as there is ventilation and it is latex paint. Oil based paint has many more chemicals in it that are harmful to you and your baby while your pregnant!
    lilmama31709

Answer by lilmama31709 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• i would say no
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:23 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I just painted our living room....just make sure the area is ventilated and if you start to feel sick then stop!

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 3:24 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-to-paint-or-be-around-paint-fumes-during-pregnanc_9484.bc

Personally I wouldn't. I would have my husband or someone else do it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Lowe's and Home Depot and other paint stores now have lines of low VOC or no VOC paints. You should use them whether you're pregnany or not.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 4:06 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• i just got finished painting the baby's room * i'm almost 7 months pregnant, it should be okay (i hope)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Most indoor, water-based latex paints are pretty light on the fumes but make sure you ventilate well.
    iluvmommyhood58

Answer by iluvmommyhood58 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• theres this paint brand called olympic...it dont have any harsh fumes or anything like that.i helped paint our living room and was only 5 months at the time.but we had the door open just to be on the safe side.But i painted all the time while pregnant with my daughter and nothing ever happend to me or her.she came out perfectly healthy.If you want to be on the safe side though just leave the window open and cut on fans.and take frequent breaks.
    brittoh

Answer by brittoh at 4:45 PM on Jun. 5, 2009