TOUR OF HOSPITAL

Okay so I know that it is important to set up a tour of the hospital. We have 3 major hospitals in my area and my Doctor will deliver at all 3! What questions do I need to ask and what do I need to look for? What should be my deciding factor in picking the one at which I deliver my child?

Jessica7287

Asked by Jessica7287 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• how high of level the nicQ is... the hospital I chose has a level 3, almost the best hospital in my state next to childrens, but that is too far away.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 3:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• get one with the most floor space so you can walk around while in labor...I think most hospitals will not let you leave a certain area until you've given birth so ask to see how big that area is.

meet the staff..the last thing you want is a bit## on your labor...lol
    but im sure all hospitals will do their best for you and your baby so most are just comfort level issues
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• you want a place you feel safe in. i took a tour of both the hospitals in my area. the first one is where my cousins were born andmy aunt swears by them. i went on the tour and they made me feel like i was registering to hospitalized in an institution rather than a hospital. i was told i couldnt walk around or keep my baby in my room. The next one i went too just built a brand new maternity ward it was amazing all bright and cheery and comfortable. i loved it and thats where i will be delivering.
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 4:28 PM on Jun. 5, 2009