I am looking for part time work after being laid off last October. My background is in client service in the financial arena. Does anyone have any suggestions or leads to share?

MNewnham

Asked by MNewnham at 3:23 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• where do you live?
    Anonymous

• like what state???
    Anonymous

• I've been working part time from home (aside from my part time job) to make ends meet.

I joined an on-line shopping club that pays me to shop on-line and refer others to do the same. I don't have to sell anything, I just buy what I normally buy, have it delivered to my home avoiding gas charges and wear and tear on my car. I can still use store coupons and so many of the stores offer free shipping.
    Feel free to look into it. I love it.
    www.24hourtour.net/jeannep
    jmpal9

Answer by jmpal9 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Go to my blog http://freewebs.com/free2workathome, you might find something there to help you out

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 5:31 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Well, I have tried just about everything online and have lost a good bit of money. Something my hubby is not happy about at all. I had good intentions, but was a little too naive I guess.
    I'm now selling Avon online. This has worked out great for me so far. In the first 3 weeks, I made nearly $300. You can be an Avon eRepresentative and then start recruiting others to sell on your downline. Recruiting really is the best way to make money. Anyway, I'm an eRep.and have my online store that anyone can shop from. People can even have their orders shipped directly to their homes now. If you're interested, you go on my website at www.youravon.com/dbulger. You can even sign up to sell on my site for only $20 to get the start up kit. I can also help you find your own personal District Manager to help you too. Just let me know, ok. www.youravon.com/dbulger
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 5:40 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). There is a company located outside of Chicago that matches up VAs & clients called VSI; the url is www.avirtualstaff.com. The owner is Tracey Wallace.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. I work out of my home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 7:02 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Check out my work at home article series.  You might get some ideas and information.  You can check them out in my Journal here at Cafemom:

Work at Home Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:33 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I'm working with Procard International, We offer financial services, although assocaites themselves don't do the client counseling you would be good at explaing the benefits of financial health.

I work in a pharamcy so I myself can testify the need for discounts on medical.

Click the banner to find out more.

Work at home...and spend more time with your children!

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2009