5 Weeks And 3 Days And All I Saw Was A Sac??

I went to the doctor yesterday and saw only a sac during my transvaginal ultrasound, I'm beyond nervous. Any advice???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• that's really all there is right now. the sac is a great sign, it means there's stored nutrients for the soon to be fetus.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:38 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• That's great! That is all that you would typically see right now. Most people do not see a heartbeat (which really only looks like pulsing light) until in to their 6 week.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 3:42 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Oh, and as far as advice goes.........ENJOY. Look, I went through fertility treatment, lost a pregnancy when I did conceive, then got pregnant again. Because of a loss I really let that worry cloud my joy with pregnancy 2. Once you are pregnant there is much out of your hands. So my advice is to be safe, be healthy, but don't let worry color your happiness. You will regret is so much later when you have a happy, healthy baby.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 3:44 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• i was 6 weeks and three days and all i saw is a flicker of the heart beat.. they said its all you can see when you are not that far along. so its all good
    jannaboo

Answer by jannaboo at 3:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• 6 or 7 weeks is when you'll see heart beat, personally I think doctors cause more stress doing ultra sounds that early on-
    people assume at the ultra sound that there gonna see a baby- that baby is smaller than a period at the end of a sentence.
    I was like OMMMMGGGGG there is no heartbeat when I was 4 weeks, having all that I leared I was under the impression that it takes a heartbeat to have a life in a human- but I forget, a blastocyst isnt a human yet, its a cell...
    your baby is fine, 5 weeks there should be a sac about 6-8 mm long maybe a yoke sac, between 6-7 weeks the yoke sac (the thing that provides nutrence until the plecenta is there) and a fetal pole right along with the fetal pole wil be the little flicker of a heart beat!
    its comming mama, just be patient!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 4:05 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• At that time I found out I was prego and saw a heart beat a few days later
    but the day I found out I dont think I saw anything special...LOL
    I didnt know why all i saw was a dot...
    but you can ask for the doppler to be used at your next visit and you can actually hear the heartbeat

I heard my babies at 6weeks
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Dont scare this girl!
    most women cant here a heartbeat with a doppler until 10-12 weeks-
    my sister told me 8 weeks with a doppler and I asked my doctor to use it and there was no heart beat- I FREAKED OUT- my doctor tried to explain to me it was normal and most cant here it, infact they wont normally use it until 10-12 weeks.
    I didnt believe her, but SHE WAS RIGHT, 11 weeks I heard it.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 4:29 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• At 5 weeks I went to the er with pain and all I saw was a sac and all is well. I am now 30 weeks. Everything sounds good for you!
    Anonymous