Would you feel bad if...............

would you feel bad if you have been in bad pain and you where having your kids help you out alot?? I have a bad med cond. right now and am waiting on surgery(No insurance so they make me wait for some tech,reason) I hurt bad, and a so called friend said something about it. They seem to want to help..(kids) They are 11, 10, and 8. What do you think?? (I have a tumor softball size on overy thats all they know know other test run yet they found it at the ER Thanks for your input

jonsgurrl

Asked by jonsgurrl at 3:40 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Health

• I actually had a cousin whose mother was incapacitated by illness. I think that they are old enough to learn about compassion and service by helping out, but please please make sure that they have plenty of kid time and that they know you love them for themselves, not just because they help you. My cousin lost her childhood to playing servant to her mother and I have never seen anything sadder.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 3:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• no, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it especially at their ages. the 11 and 10 year old are definitely old enough to help you with things like the dishes, folding laundry, stuff like that and you even said they WANT to help so it's not like your forcing them. i think its really sweet that they want to help their mommy out =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:42 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• No,they are old enough to do small things for you . Or do light cleaning around the house.

Answer by louise2 at 3:44 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• NO WAY! Not only does this help you it teaches your kids, How to be responsible for their own needs, How to do things without help, How to be compassionate, How to be helpful.

All GREAT lessons, they are old enough to understand.

I dont have any health problems and my son helps me out all the time, I ask him to clean up all the toys, bring me dirty dishes, clean off the table. and he is only 5.

I think giving kids a job and some responsibility helps them feel needed, wanted, like they are a contributing part of the house.
    When I was a kid, if this had happened I would feel "grow up" like I was helping my mom and I would feel good about it.

Just praise them and thank them a lot. You think that YOU are benefiting from their help, when really its THEM that is getting most of the benifit ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:44 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• The kids should be helping. Make sure it is divided up so you arent depending more on one than the other. Helping is what family is all about. Dishes, cooking, laundry, yard work, taking out trash...make sure they still have time to be kids, but a list for each of them would teach them to be responsible.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 5, 2009