my newborn has a rash on her neck can i put diaper rash cream on it? or what can i put to help it heal?

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 3:54 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you should prob take her to the dr. she may be haiving an allergic reaction to a food or formula. I don't know about the cream b/c my daughter never had a diaper rash so I never had to use it at all. but it seems odd she would have a rash on her neck
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 3:57 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I had to do that with my son, he had a rash on his chin when we came home rom the hospital and the doctor said to put diaper rash cream on it! So my suggestion would be to try a little bit and see if it helps, if it doesnt go away or gets worse, call your doctor!!
    lilmama31709

Answer by lilmama31709 at 3:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• she is 16 days old and she got a rash in the folding of her neck due to milk getting in there and it seems like a red sore line in there
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 4:01 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• That is what happened to my son. Try desitin. it works well, but it may take a few days to clear up, if it gets worse call your doctor, but the desitin helped clear up my sons chin in about 3 days.
    lilmama31709

Answer by lilmama31709 at 4:06 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• thank you :)
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 4:12 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I'd have to see the rash to really say yes or no, but Im guess its from heat? If it seems to be heat-rash, then put some powder on it. I'd also have to see what part of her neck/chin that it was in too. I'd say put some powder on it and call the ped.
    dali_mama48161

Answer by dali_mama48161 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I would bathe her regularly and if it doesn't clear up then see t he dr.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• my son had heat rash there. baths and powder made it better.
    wanderingmuse

Answer by wanderingmuse at 8:47 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• be careful, my son had this when he was 2 weeks old during the summer and it turned out to be a yeast infection. So if it doesn't get better with desitin or A&D in a few days, let the doc check it out.
    jennient3

Answer by jennient3 at 6:10 PM on Jun. 7, 2009