WOO HOO!

Our shovel ready project in town has begun. Pouring new concrete for the local tennis courts. My Question is WHAT THE HELL WILL THIS STIMULATE?? Must be so the thousands of unemployed can play tennis on new courts while they remain unemployed?

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 3:55 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anon 2:05 - I live in the Denver area. DH went to a job fair on Monday for a temp government job. There were 300 available. Over 1000 people showed up and they turned away everyone who did not speak spanish. Great. This is all being touted as "stimulus money at work" blah blah blah. Yeah, did you catch that they were all TEMPORARY jobs? Whatever. This is so stupid.

Anonymous

• LOL Carpy darn I thought HOLD UP is she actually going to be the bringer of some good news for once? No such luck I see.I don't blame you though ;) Yeah idk what it will stimulate so a few will have a temporary job to make some money and more likely hoard it because gee it's only temporary afterall.Hey like you said though they will have nice new tennis courts to hit a yellow balll back and forth on.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:00 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Here in Colorado the jobs will be in areas that don't even need the money... how frustrating. I've read it's that way all over the country. This "stimulus" thing is such a crock. And tnmomofive is probably right, most will just save that money for when they are out of a job again.

Anonymous

• It is a good place to work on your tan.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 4:06 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Here they are finishing 15 bridges and updating another 20 and on the news it have 520 people jobs for the next 18months.
    Anonymous

And let me guess - your local (city/county) unemployment rate is not above 15% to begin with
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:48 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Not panicking?? I live in Michigan?? Need I say more???
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:55 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Must be like the park that they have to get fixed in Orlando , because they hired a crappy landscaping company, and now side walks and other such things are being screwed up because of erosion. Oops. But, hey. A few people will get some work for a couple of weeks. And most of them are probably people who are lucky enough that they have yet to lose their jobs.

Oh, and the community pool that they're putting in another area.

And the big pretty street clock that they put in Winter Park. On a crappy looking intersection.

But, hey. They put in a theatre downtown! So now you can see movies down town!! It created plenty of jobs.

For how long? Who the hell has the money to go see movies, let alone pay theater price for movies, popcorn, and a bottle of water. I somehow doubt that it's going to last long.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 5:18 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I'd be calling my local county or city commissioners and holding them accountable. OR even better, make this note to your local newspaper or local news station and make your complaint. It really is common sense and more people would probably love to say what you are saying but won't speak up.

Your commissioners should have no problem stating where the money came from and if they can't they should have to research it. But they aint'a stupid. They are just hoping that the upper class people that are the ones who will really use the tennis courts won't say one negative word.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 5:19 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Just got done reading about the latest on elections in the UK.Looks like they are ready for less big government bull and more conservativism.Imagine that.
    Anonymous