Has anyone had this issue?

My son is now 5 months. I was back on birthcontrol right after he was born. Since my periods have came back they are extremely light and very short...like 3 or 4 days. Before I was pregnant I had 6 day cycle that would be heavy at start and fade out...but now its like i barely have one. Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you breastfeeding?
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 4:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• It can take up to 18 months for your body to regulate. And even if you are taking the same birthcontrol you were taking before you got pregnant, it could be affecting your body differently now since your natural hormones are not at the same levels they were before.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• no, he is formula fed
    Anonymous

• If you're on birth control, it's not actually a real period anyway, and there's absolutely nothing to worry about. Enjoy the change, I'd say.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 4:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My periods were lighter and less painful AFTER I birthed a child. And now that I am on birth control they're even lighter and shorter. Its great! I used to bleed heavy for 5 days and have an 8 day long period. It was always horrible and then I had my son and for some reason that all changed!
    dali_mama48161

Answer by dali_mama48161 at 4:16 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Thanks for all the replies...glad to hear i'm not the only one with this issue. Thanks again! :)
    Anonymous

• hey i didnt have one for 5years. i wasnt even suppose to get pregnant and since i had my son he has put me back on track. how weird. i wish i still didnt get them
    rashesh

Answer by rashesh at 5:27 PM on Jun. 5, 2009