Help! Who's the Cheapest for Car Insurance?

Well We haven't had Any accidents. No tickets Etc.. We have A perfect Driving Record! But we're experiencing many Hardships.. Both being Jobless & down on our Luck! We're 48 & 50. No children living at home Etc... Our Auto policy keeps going up! Thought we've filed NO Claims! I don't know Why! We live in WI. Any Good Car insurance you know of that's Good yet Cheap!? Our home owners too is so High! Its unmanageable!! I don't know what to do.. Or where to turn to. But Allied is Kicking us while we're down! Your Kind Reply is Greatly appreciated! Thank You!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 4:34 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• If you google cheap insurance there is a website that they will give you & it compares up to like 5 insurance agencies side by side. I can not remember the site, but if I could I would give it to you. This is what I did & found Progressive which is the cheapest for me. I have been saving $60 a month now.

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• For me it's State Farm. We get a discount because everything is on it and my parents and grandparents all used State Farm.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 4:44 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• We have use Amica for years and have found no one cheaper that I would trust. Great service too.
    Amica.com
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 4:47 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I use state farm for car...my house ended up being cheaper through country ins. you can call around for quotes, but make sure you are getting the same coverage from everyone so you are comparing apples to apples.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Mercury has been the cheapest company I've been with and also the best. I had a fender bender and they took care of it quickly and we had zero problems. I would recommend them to anyone. I was paying $310 a month with Allstate and now I pay $85 a month for the same car with Mercury. Allstate is ridiculous!
    Anonymous

• Depends on your driving record, type of car and how many vehicles and people need to be insured. Every company is different. From what I've heard try Progressive.com first they give you the top three rates besides theirs and they are honest about it.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 5:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• P.S. tell them you are shopping around that might help get a lower quote!
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 5:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Pretty much all you can do is shop around. That is what i have been doing all day. Every company fluctuates so bad. I am in texas so we have a few texas based companies like Texas farm Bureau, they branched off so yoy may see if wisconsin has something like that. We also have Ag Workers which is what i went with. You have to be in the agricultural field though. But i have had Kemper before and they were ok, they wern't as high as some were. For example Allstate, Progressice, Farmers, and State Farm were hight for me. Our premium has been @150.00 for two new vehicles. With those others it was like $300.00/ month. With the new comapny i just went with it is 101.00/ month.Not a lost of saving but every penny counts. I think companies lite state farm, alstate, mercury, kemper, are in lots of states. Good Luck on your search. It is a pain i know.
    Anonymous