What the hell is wrong with me?

After I gave birth, I have lost my sex drive... I have been with my fiance for almost 10 years and he still thinks that I am sexy. (even though I know I need to loose weight and haven't been really myself since our daughter was born) Why don't I want to have sex anymore?

USNmomwife

Asked by USNmomwife at 5:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• You're busy, tired and don't think about sex the right way.

If it's something he gets, or that you do for him, it's one more thing on a very long list of things you have to do before your day is over -- and it's optional, so, really, what's the draw? If you consider it to be a kind and loving thing for him to do for you... like spontaneously doing the dishes or folding and putting away the laundry, would you turn it down?

I mean, seriously -- a little full-body massage is a lovely way to fall asleep, even if it only takes 15 minutes. If you go to sleep instead, you only get 15 more minutes of sleep. If you elect for sex, you are 15 minutes tireder and way, way happier...

Your sex drive is diminished hormonally, but that's not why you're not going along with the idea when it is suggested and you don't have anything else immediate on your agenda.

Try saying 'yes' every single time for a month. It's just a good idea.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• It just happens...how long ago did you give birth? I know I was like don't effing touch me for like the first year! It does come back...
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 7:37 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• i gave birth 14 months ago... lol.. i thought that i'd want to have sex again.. we used to have sex everyday and now i maybe want it once a month.. not really though.. its like a "i feel guilty so I'll have sex with you" kind of thing..lol
    USNmomwife

Answer by USNmomwife at 7:53 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• dont feel bad it happens
    myangelelena

Answer by myangelelena at 8:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I was like that too, but for me it was my Birth Control making me that way. Once I am off it, I am back to being worse than a rabbit! LOL

Seriously, though check out your medications, just in case. I was on the Depo shot, but its the best method for me, so I learn to just live with it.
    Anonymous