I need a home made remedy for alllergies - nostril swollen shut, itchy eyes, sneezing, trouble breathing when sleeping and swimming

MissGirl40

Asked by MissGirl40 at 5:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• The only thing that comes to mind is one of those little tea pot looking things that you use to pour salt water into your nostril and then it comes out the other side. Its a way of cleaning out your sinuses. I cant remember what its called though. I saw it on Oprah and she said you could get it at the health food store. Not sure about the sneezing and itchy eyes. I feel for you. My daughter and husband both suffer with this.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 5:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Eating local honey is supposed to help with allergies. And it's yummy!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:33 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Eat local honey and/or take a pill called Querctin (sp?) it is available at the local health food store or on line. My husband and 2 kids and I use it every day and it has helped tremendously. My kids are 5 and 7.
    Hope this helps.
    cahanks

Answer by cahanks at 10:49 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Take garlic to reduce the inflamation in your sinus cavaties. Rinse your nostrils out with a saline solution. Eat a tablespoon of local honey per day. Rinse your eyes out with a saline solution or visine allergy drops.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 5:33 PM on Jun. 6, 2009