Would you date someone outside of your own race?

If you were single, would you date someone outside of your race. Is this your own personal preference or would it be based off of other people's influence/judgement?
IMO, I look at the person for themselves and not for their race. Just thought I ask to get other women opinion on the subject.

momofonewntmore

Asked by momofonewntmore at 5:09 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If they're smart, very funny, reasonably attractive to me and we have certain ideas or tastes in common, HECK YEAH. I haven't gone out of my way to date people of other races, but I also have never considered a person's race in whether or not to date them. Half my serious relationships have been non-white, and all of them were good experiences. I married one of them, and he's my soul mate. I can't imagine thinking, Too bad he's Puerto Rican. I'd have missed out on the love of my life and the amazing family we have together.

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 5:16 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Love sees no color.
    Anonymous

• Im bi-racial..my SO is a mixture of things but he looks black...only he has hazel eyes which isnt really the norm..i have a type that im attracted to..but its not really i set in stone type of thing, i guess since im more than one race i have more options lol...i dont mind...but there are certain races i dont date simply because the attraction isnt there its nothing personal like, id still hang out and be friends....!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I would date out side my race i was not married
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 5:17 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Though my mother did (she's African-American, my dad is Trinidadian Indian,) I haven't. And since I'm married, my dating days are over! LOL! I was never averse to dating outside of my race, I just never met anyone I was THAT into who wasn't of my race.
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 5:19 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Yes I would and I have. From that I have a beautiful biracial daughter :-)
    Anonymous

• nope..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 5:20 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Oh yes I definately would. I prefer to date guys who aren't (I mean no offence with my comment) mostly white. I find them a little bland and boring.. I'm loving the Lebanese men I'm hanging out with .. yummy =)

Anonymous

• "If they're smart, very funny, reasonably attractive to me and we have certain ideas or tastes in common, HECK YEAH. I haven't gone out of my way to date people of other races, but I also have never considered a person's race in whether or not to date them. Half my serious relationships have been non-white, and all of them were good experiences."

Well said. :)
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 5:22 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Yep, my dh was a different race than I am. I have 2 beautiful mixed race children to show for it. I don't care what race a person is, its who they are that matter.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 5, 2009