how much space can u give ur tween daughter

She's 10 and I don't know how to give her that much space she is an awesome kid I need advice

fancy252

Asked by fancy252 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Space as far as what. leaving, dating, cell phones, privacy....alll things are different..
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 5:31 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• One of the best pieces of advise that my ped. gave to me for my daughter (the rest of my kids are boys), is to make her my best friend. That didn't mean for me to try to be HER best friend. Thats her decision.

What do we do with best friends? We talk to them constantly, we laugh, we share our feelings, we give gifts to them, we love them, we sympathize, we offer advise, we are there to listen, we talk to them about everyday life. This is what I did with my daughter. She is now 27, is married and has a baby girl of her own.

Our ped. also told me, make her my best friend and she'll never break your heart. This has been very true. She has always been respectful, very loving, very kind and an absolute blast to be with. We are best friends to this day and LOVE to be with each other. She calls me every day and we email regularly. We share everything. Its fun to have a daughter.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:42 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Take her everywhere you go, having fun and talking about everything. Have her with you as you clean the house, take care of elderly grandparents, visit the sick in the hospital, attend funerals and weddings, shop for gifts (so that you can teach her how to use money well and how to save money). Let her hear how you feel about men and how she should respect her own body by keeping her self pride.

Teach her that what she does to catch a man, she will have to do to keep that same man. If she chooses to show her body and attract him that way, she'll need to always keep that thin, young body. She won't always have that beautiful young body, so she prob. will want to catch a man with good character. That, you will have all your life.

Teach her to be gentle, loving, kind, to speak respectfully to EVERYONE, never to use foul language, never to advertise her body, to love old people and babies, and to eat well. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:48 AM on Jun. 6, 2009