Need Ideas

I need some creative ideas for tomato stakes. My plants have almost reached height to begin being tied, and I have no clue what to use to tie them to. I don't have much cash (which is why I grow a garden), and I have 21 plants.

ColleenF30

Asked by ColleenF30 at 5:39 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Any wire fencing or even stakes at the end of the row, tying string in long rows. Take panty hose which won't break or grow into the stalks and gently tie them to the long rows of string. :) This should work.

If you have stakes available, you can put 3 around each and tie the stalks with strips of pantyhose to keep the stalks from bending over and breaking.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 5:45 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• If u have old sheets, you can cut them to the size u need! The cloth will not damage the stalks or fruit either, and best of all--u can wash the ties and use them from year to year!! Just remember--Never tie anything tight--give it enough room for the wind etc. this may not look good, but really works---towels, kids shirts will work very well too!! Good luck!!!!
    joanne580

Answer by joanne580 at 12:18 AM on Jun. 6, 2009