In-law trouble?

My dh's sisters are still rude to me after 5 years. I don't understand why. They've just always been snotty to me. Anyone else have problems like this? Does it EVER get better??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Ah, sorry, I disagree with the anon. Fine, you can dislike someone, but there's still no reason to be rude! I dislike a lot of people, but I am still polite.
    A woman I work with and I don't like one another at all. I am not certain why she doesn't like me, but that's not my concern. We talk polietly about work matters as neceessary, we have mutual friends and so sit at the same lunch table, I listen when she talks but I refrain from commenting on her stories. That kind of thing. Think of it more as tolerance of their existence.

The best quote I ever heard was that to worry about what other's think of you is selfish because you are think of you, you should worry about what you think of them.

So, I dislike her because she is snide, rude, and thinks she's above everyone else, and
    here's the thing, I get along well with generally everybody, so if I don't like you, something's wrong. LOL.

Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 8:45 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My exes sister didnt like me, EVER....i gave up caring, it used to piss me off because shed make it obvious and was just really rude, but when i started acting the same way she got the hint and backed off... didnt change the way she felt but it changed how she behaved...
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 5:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I feel for you. I would hate that. sounds like they should be called the out-laws instead of the in-laws!
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 5:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• My BIL was rude to me for years. Then he actually made a THREAT.

We haven't seen him since then. DH cut him off. DH also cut his mom off when she was rude.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:53 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• no. if they don't like you they don't like you. Do not expect them to treat you better in the future. They are being honest with their feelings. At least you know how they stand.
    Anonymous

• p.s. sorry about all the typos!
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 8:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2009