stay at home mommies!

How do you fill your day? I'm a new stay at home mommy. So far the week has been productive. I start each morning by feeding my baby and reading to her. When she takes her first nap I go to class online. Then clean the house and water plants, then try to walk the dogs and stroller around the block.

What fills your day??

cdecker83

Asked by cdecker83 at 5:50 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have a very set schedule for feedings, naps and so on but I try not to let every thing be to rotine. I try to get out of the house. I have one day a week that I meet up with my other friends and we go walking at this big open space reserve, I go at least on day to visit with my mom and my son plays in her garden, I go once a week to baby gym (its like a mommy and me class), I meet up with play groups that I found online, I go out for coffee and my son gets apple juice and a banana, I go shopping, I go on walks around our neighborhood and walk down town, I go to parks and play grounds, I visit the big cities around my area, I go to aquariums and pet stores to look at all the animals,I bring my son swimming, I visit with family, there is so much to do. Don't get me wrong I have days that I'm pretty much home all day but I like going out and letting my son explore the world too. Just some Ideas on your out days.
    michelle0228

Answer by michelle0228 at 12:20 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Sounds good that you have such a worked out schedule...congrats to you if you can keep it!!! Im bored outta my mind all day...dont have a car most days my SO takes it to work..ad my son is teething..ive become addicted to the internet, trying to get into reading...umm...playing with the baby, and SLEEP...my sleep schedule is all off....but thats my days..and seems like never ending laundry
    Anonymous

• Wow I'm impressed,,,I just quit my job i had almost a year so I can stay at home with the kids again. My twins will be starting kindergarten this fall and I want to be able to spend their last "non-school age summer" with them as they are on track breaks and will be in school next summer.(year round school..i hate it ick!)
    Anyway, i purposely quit to get a schedule going. So far it's not working out well. I manage to feed my kids breakfast, do worksheets with them, and go to the park. However, my sleep schedule is all contorted and some days I go to bed by ten, but a majority of the time I'm up til 2. I managed to finally get my house in a respectable order, and I'd like to have certain days for laundry, mopping, and a couple of "lazy" days too. So far, I've been busy driving my teen around, and then i got sick so it's been a mish mosh sort of. But since i'm finally caught up the rest should be a breeze! LOL
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 6:13 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I would like to say I keep to a schedule but I definately don't. I have two kids ages 7 and 4. One who is in public school and one I am homeschooling. This is what my schedule is supposed to be, lol. Get them both breakfast. Dd goes to school then ds watches some educational cartoons. Ds and I do about 30-45 min of homeschool then break for lunch. After lunch he gets to play for a little bit while I try to get some cleaning done. Then we do another 30-45 min. By this time my dd is home. Chores and then they play outside (weather permitting). Make/eat dinner, bath/shower, snuggles then bed.

Lately I've managed to get about 1 hour of homeschooling done and maybe 10 min of cleaning. Luckily my kids are getting better at picking up after themselves and the only thing that is in major need of help is the kitchen.

I'm spending way to much time on the internet, lol

sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 6:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• well i go to school online too, but were out for the summer now, usally my son wakes up around 7am, he eats some cereal, and then gets a bath. We watch oswald, yo gabba gabba and lazy town lol. Sometimes we go for a walk, bike ride or we play with some toys inside if its raining. he takes a nap around 12:30. Then daddy comes home around 1pm, and we go to the park, or out to eat or something. When we come home, I usally clean, make dinner, we eat, and as soon as he's down, so are we! Ive pretty busy lately though, planning his party and what not.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 7:24 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• well i have been a stay at home mom for about 2 yrs now i have a 2 1/2 daughter and a 10 month old daughter i am bored out of my mind by hubby works on the road so he is gone for weeks at a time so i try to play outside alot go swimmimg , park, housework the internet
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 6, 2009