what does it mean when you dont have a period for 5 mos but the pregnancy test is neg.?

I had a pregnancy test and it came back negative. I also had an ultrasound but there was nothing there.

CuriousMom2Be

Asked by CuriousMom2Be at 5:50 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• means go to the dr
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:51 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• See your doc.

For ME it would mean menopause. Don't know if you're old enough for that.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:52 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Are you underweight or exercising more than a "normal" person? Amenorrhea is VERY common in eating disorders.
    Jennille

Answer by Jennille at 6:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I went to da doctor dats how i kno da results from da tests....im 20 so i dont think it's menopause....Do u think it culd be from stress?
    CuriousMom2Be

Answer by CuriousMom2Be at 6:38 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• it's probably stress if your under alot more then normal or it could be a thyroid problem in my case it was both and i've missed my period for 9 months at a time without being pregnant or a possibilty of it so i would get your thyroid checked out
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 6:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• CHECK YOUR THYROID

I didn't have a period for 2 YEARS before I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism (my body doesn't make enough thyroid hormone). I'm taking meds for it and now have regular periods.

Good luck!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:19 PM on Jun. 5, 2009