• In the Spotlight:

How do you keep eyeshadow from fading

Most of my eyeshadow fades off without me touching my face.Does anyone know any tricks that will help my eyeshadow last longer

babysyoungmom1

Asked by babysyoungmom1 at 6:11 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Powder on your eyelids and then the eyeshadow. Usually it's the oils of the skin that make it fade.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:16 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Agree with TheDiva....you could use regular powder, or white eyeshadow!! but put something on them first..
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• use one of those eyeshadow bases it goes on before the eyeshadow. Also I know it sounds weird but use regular Chapstick, no colors or flavors. Put some on your finger swipe a light layer on your eyelid then put powder eyeshadows on, not too dark though. The chapstick is sticky but not oily. I read it in a magazine and it sounded crazy but it really worked for me.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 6:37 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I personally use Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. It stops it from creasing and from fading. Its awesome. its $17 but its truely worth it since it goes a long way. :)
    here is a link to it on Sephora.com

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=3PMWG4MFVDVC0CV0KRRRPIQ?id=P74310&categoryId=C10461
    BostonBree

Answer by BostonBree at 4:26 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• Mary Kay has an eye primer it is a waterproof formula creates foundation proven to extend and intensify eye color. If you have any other questions feel free to contact me.
    sagesmom724

Answer by sagesmom724 at 4:32 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I sell Avon and we have a facial primer called Magix Face Perfector. I use it on my face and my eyelids too and my makeup stays put all day. I can't live without it! You can try it at www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping. I also love the waterproof eyeshadow by Anew. It stays put all day long even at the theme park! I tried it out on Monday lol.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:45 PM on Jun. 6, 2009

• bareescentuals has a great eyelid primer and it lasts allday long i love now that ive been using for mths now i cant live with it its about 16 bucks but its last for a while!!!
    browneyez29

Answer by browneyez29 at 10:32 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Use a cream base first, then a higher end shadow. I like Estee Lauder.
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 8:20 AM on Jun. 16, 2009