How much water can I give my 3 month old after a hot day?

We just went for a walk and it was cool when we left. But then it got super hot all of a sudden and we were so far from the house. My husband and I were sweating like crazy including my son on the way home. When we got down we all stripped down to our underwear. So I felt it would do him some good to give him a little nursery water.

How much water do you suggest?

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 6:30 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies have the same sweat glands you do!! So when your kid wakes up and the back of his head is wet , is it sweat or he now drools from the back of his head??
    casd

Answer by casd at 6:40 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Babies that little dont' sweat so none
    Anonymous

• None for an infant of that age. It is not recommended.
    Anonymous

• None. If he wants to nurse or take a bottle, fine.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• He was clearly sweating. Trust me.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 6:37 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Babies that little do not sweat, trust me.
    Anonymous

• Babies under 6 months can't have just water, you can give him a bottle though. You can actually poison a baby with too much water when they're that young. Giving him a bottle will give him all the hydration he needs.
    AndrewNChristy

Answer by AndrewNChristy at 6:39 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Ok. Thank you for your answers. I was just worried about him becoming dehydrated.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 6:39 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• YES BABIES DO SWEAT MINES IS A MONTH AND HE DOES SWEAT I GAVE HIM A LITTLE WATER AND HE IS FINE...
    Anonymous

• http://pediatrics.about.com/od/yourbabyweekbyweek/ss/baby_wk_fifteen_5.htm If there is a possibility of a baby sweating TOO much a little older than my sons age, then I'm pretty sure he can sweat, too.

When I picked him up his whole back was wet. and I am not a terrible mother spilling stuff on him or any other thing that would cause his back to be damp. and it wasn't his diaper leaking because it was not soiled.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 6:41 PM on Jun. 5, 2009