self inducing labor..

i'll be 40 weeks come monday, i whent to the doctors yesterday and they said i was just starting to dialate. is it ok for me to start trying the "natural" way like walking, eating pineapple.. to get this going so im not over due and have to end up being induced. at this point im not thinking about me at all. its all about the baby i really want him to be ready and be able to come out on his own but im afraid he isnt and i have herd that when the y induce you it could cause stress on the baby and i dont want it to be hell for him comming into the world. so is it ok for me to try? i just dont want to be doing the wrong thing by trying to self induce and seeming selfish.

want2bamommy780

Asked by want2bamommy780 at 6:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• try whatever is healthy......SEX is best becausethe ejaculate help the cervix to contract
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:42 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Yes its okay for you to do the normal walking, sex, eating food, etc. Keep it within limits though. If you haven't been out walking for miles and miles, vigorously, then you probably should refrain from that. Walking is good. Being active is good. Don't wear yourself out over it though.

And, induction can produce stress on the baby and hinder labor. It doesn't mean it will but the typical induction of pitocin will give you such intense contractions that is brings on the need for an epidural and then because your body wasn't ready to labor, it stresses the baby or hinders labor or both and most likely will lead to a c-section. That is worse case and very typical hospital induction scenario.

Just FYI. Read up on the subject. You have every right to refuse induction. Babies come when they are ready. If you are dilating you are very close! It is okay and NORMAL to go over your due date by a week or two. Good luck.
    MarynmomofColby

Answer by MarynmomofColby at 7:54 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• dont believe the hype! i tried everything to induce labor...had alot sex- ended up just being uncomfortable...worked and walked 2 weeks past my due date, carried laundry up and down from the attic to the basement...even drank castor oil, which only gave me a huge case of the sh*ts. lol. still ended up being induced at the hospital. just try to let nature run its course. my motto was "i just wanna hold him on the outside aready!" so i now how you feel...but it will happen soon enough. get some sleep while you can!
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 5, 2009