Is 'keep your pants on' appropriate advice to a teen???

Yeah... I was contemplating using this one =P xlOlx

xXAdrianXx

Asked by xXAdrianXx at 6:41 PM on Jun. 5, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• buy them very complicated belts
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• LMAO staci, good luck with that, if someone told you that when you were a teen would it elicit more than a laugh?! prob, not...good luck
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• LOL! Complicated belts.

To me, it's not great advice. It's better than saying "You better be abstinent or I'll kill you!" But I think in this day and age it's unrealistic to expect teens to keep their pants on forever. If my mom would have told me to keep my pants on when I was a teenager (I'm only 20), I would have looked at her and laughed.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:51 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• umm...try a trip to a sex educater at a hospital...they usually scare kids by simply telling the truth of whats out there
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:51 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• no its not..how bout use a condom and make sure they dont have a disease,an to discuss what happens if one get pregnant..
    im 20 and trust me keep your pants on wouldnt have been relevant,i would have just lifted my shirt,and for a guy,he just as to unzip
    pisces_chick89

Answer by pisces_chick89 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Yes it is! Why doesn't anyone want to preach abstinence anymore? Are we that pessimistic of a society that we can really think that our kids won't have sex? I think the everyone is doing mentality is creating the everyone does it environment.

Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 7:40 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Yes and no. My dd is only 7 right now but I plan on having the talk with her soon. Not in too much detail unless she asks. I'll tell her why it's better to abstain. I've been down the teenage road before and I know if you tell them not to do it, it is just going to make them more likely to do it. I believe in arming her with the knowledge so that she can make an educated decision. The fact that they don't sex ed until 5th grade where I live is a shame. Kids are going through puberty earlier which means hormones are raging younger.

Do I want her to wait until marriage? Of course I do. Do I think she will? Probably not. My goal is for her to wait until she is emotionally mature enough to handle a sexual relationship and is in love (real love, not puppy love)
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 8:10 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I AGREE WITH THAT ANSWER ABOUT TAKING THEM TO A SEX EDUCATOR. MY MOM TOLD ME THAT HER MOM SAID TO HER "KEEP YOUR SKIRT DOWN" BUT SHE DIDN'T SAY "KEEP YOUR PANTIES UP." MY MOTHER TOLD ME THAT BUT IT DIDN'T WORK. TAKE THEM TO GO VISIT WITH A YOUNG LADY THAT'S HER AGE THAT HAS A DISEASE THAT INCURABLE MAYBE THAT WILL SHAKE HER UP
    Anonymous

• Won't work. They will just laugh at you. I have an almost 13 yr old son and he just finished health class and they taught them about STD's and protection. He came home and told me that he was "NEVER, EVER HAVING SEX." I laughed and asked him why. He said," Some of those STD's are just nasty and I don't want to have to deal with it. YUCK!!" I told him that I would remind him of that when he changes his mind. He said he will always wear a condom IF he changed his mind. I guess the school nurse had some good pics of what happens with certain STD's. Sex Ed is needed and protection, STD's etc, discussed.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 5, 2009

• I'm not sure if it's the best way to go about it,LOL but I told my son the same thing!
    magonolia

Answer by magonolia at 9:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2009